July 11, 2017

Good Luck My Friends

Ya’ahowu readers!

A few days ago, I was thinking maybe I should write some of my life stories here. Somehow I need to share and release my feelings, either to friends, animals, or people who don’t care about my life 😁.

So currently I work in an office in Jakarta. I started on February. Yeah I know (and so do my close friends), I’m not the type of person who can work in office.

(conversation between me and my other personalities)
2nd Persona        : Why?
Me           : Because it’s boring. And stiff. It’s like a place where I work around Dementors.
2nd Persona        : Then why are you working there?
Me                    : I have to. I mean, my parents want me to.
2nd Persona        : Why are you listening to your parents?
Me                    : Because they are my parents?
2nd Persona        : How is that a reason?
Me                    : Well, if you’re an Asian. Your parents rule your life.
2nd Persona        : So you’re telling me that you are your parents’ puppet?
Me                    : Shut up.

For me, it’s so hard to work in an office. I worked in some offices few times but it didn’t last more than a week. I prefer live in a room with a cockroach rather than work in an office (kidding! Cockroaches are the worst!). I found it’s hard to connect with people in offices. They are so formal I barely understand their languages and jokes.

In this new office, I had to struggle with all the things that I dislike. I had no friends, I rarely laughed, I was so sleepy all the time. I felt like I was a combination of Tin Woodman and Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz. It all changed a month after I worked there (yes I know, it’s a miracle that I could survive a month). I finally met some people whom eventually will be my friends. They knew I was an English teacher once, so they wanted to study English with me. In short, from our meetings, we often hang out together after and share our stories. They are nice people. Because of them, I find a reason why I should continue to come to office.

It all went well until one of my friends decided to resign from this office. No words can describe how I feel. Sad and upset, yet I also feel happy for him. Call me excessive, but he’s like a brother for me, one of the nicest persons I’ve met. Though I know one day he’ll resign, I didn’t expect this quick. On the bright side, he’ll find a better job in the new place. He needs this. All I can do is support him.

Actually, the others also plan to resign. Which make me think, I’ll be the last person who stays in this office. I’m happy for you guys. I say that from the bottom of my heart. Good luck to all of you.
🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment